Mono mixer schematic question

Hello everyone, I am making a mono-mixer from this schematic:

And I was wondering if it would be possible to use just one 0.1 uf capacitor and one 20k resistor after I combined all the 100k pots together? (In the part where the signals get mixed)
And how do you calculate in this part of the schematic? Is it in series or in parallel?

1 Like

Some signal sources can carry a DC voltage on their output. Most times this is not desirable in a subsequent device. However because this may happen, the reason d’etre for the 0.1 uF capacitor is to decouple the mixer input from that DC value of the signal source. The capacitor will not pass the DC value, but it will pass an AC signal to the mixer. So effectively any DC value on the output of the signal source will not influence the mixer anymore.

How would you ty the potentiometers together? If you connect all ruler points together, then all signals will be influenced whichever potentiometer you operate. Furthermore you would have connected all DC values of the inputs together which might cause problems to the signal sources.

4 Likes

yes digital would be very affected and you now have a load different from the summed 100k’s only!