Mail Day Thread

Last of the knobs ordered on March 13 on AliExpress (with cheapest slow shipping)

4 Likes

well no Christmas here [ waiting on a doz. packages]. just a letter from DTE [ power co.] saying that we are using 129% more power than similar homes , well no shit with everyone home [6 people] that means 5 desk tops running 2 lap tops [ 1 work stuff ] router, switch ,WiFi , and everything else in the house. no wonder our electric bill sucks . ready to build the diy nuclear reactor lol.

5 Likes

yeah, I should be charging back to work for my …

Laptop power
2 screens
Space
% of internet
Chair useage
extra toilet paper
no free coffee

3 Likes

LOL-they’re getting us back for our “holding it in until we get to work to get paid for p00ping.”

In the meantime, these mamajammas showed up today:

I decided I needed open-back cans for sound design in my office because I felt bad for my wife having to listen to the process on my monitors, and found an r/hainbach thread where he advocated the brand.

3 Likes

I’ve had a few pairs of AKG of varying cost over the years. All quite good, let us know how you like them!

2 Likes

Some op amps, and 100 SS9018 transistors

So… Do I build a 100 oscillator Mega Drone? Or not?

I DO NOT. THANKS FOR PLAYING.

9 Likes

You made me exhale air out my nose.

5 Likes

I feel like that says more than telling someone lol or any other expression of humor.

4 Likes

Christian Bloch,

Are those blue LED’s? I’m trying to pick between red, yellow, green, blue or violet for my 1113’s. I want my filters to be the loudest they can audibly sweep the frequencies. I haven’t found what are the differences except that modally it’s between quiet (red) and loud (violet) resonance.

-Fumu / Esopus

Zoom MS-50G came today!

6 Likes

You gonna demo that bad boy? @d42kn355

4 Likes

Yes! There is hope. I got a smaller package today from the UK and it took less than 2 weeks.

Boss DR-55 clone

8 Likes

i will hopefully tomorrow!!
It is freaking nuts dude!!
You can have 6 of the effects ON at once!!!

I couldnt believe some of what I was just hearing, but its 9 at night and my neighbor was just pounding… lololol :smiley:

4 Likes

That looks like a pretty great value! How programmable is it? Can you define your own algorithms and load them in or anything wild like that? Zoom has some pretty awesome and insanely affordable products from what I’ve played with.

2 Likes

I have no idea… lol
It has like a whole slew of effects onboard.

2 Likes

Got some Doepfer modules in the past week or so. The Trigger Matrix is amazing; I always wanted a Schaltwerk and this is about as close as it gets. The SEM filter is incredibly smooth and the damn 303 filter is a damn 303 filter. Which is nice. I’m done splurging for a bit, though.

5 Likes

Finally got my Electric Druid order today. He sent the package on March 31st. I’m still waiting for my VCA’s that I ordered on the same day. This does give me hope that those will arrive here shortly.

Also received some PCB’s from @CTorp, thank you very much for these, and a couple of Mouser parts that I was shorted on. They sent a total of 2 SMD resistors next day air that only cost .06 each. I tried to have them just wait and add them to my other order waiting to be shipped by them but they insisted these had to go separate. Stupidly, my other order should arrive tomorrow so it really was a waste of money on their part. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Well I’m not home to receive it however this arrived today. So excited to start with this guy. I ordered through amazon so I could get a 4 year warranty on it since I am trying to break into live performances.

5 Likes

Hopefully that’s something that begins again one day. Unless you mean live-streaming, in which case, post a link!

2 Likes

If you decide to build the buffered mult let me know I’ll give you heads up on the silkscreen errors. Basically the one that says input 2 is one of the outputs and the first output on the right side is actually the input

4 Likes