Looking for cv clock divider/multiplier schem

I did finish the clock divider, details here: My first DIY modules - starting a Kosmo format build

It works well, but for some reason the /8 output keeps flaking out on me and I can’t figure out why. Initially there was a small solder bridge and it came back after I cleared that up. Then a few days later it stopped working entirely. I swapped out the transistor on that line and it came back but then a few days later it was out again. So I’m not sure what’s happening. I’ve traced the circuit several dozen times but can’t find a problem. Could just be a couple of bad transistors…they’re from a cheap box of 200 I got for like $5 or something…but seems like there’s probably something still off. Maybe I damaged the IC when I had that bridge.

And there’s no LFO built in…and I’m not very happy with the LFO I built. I love the LMNC 1145 LFO - but it’s kind of overkill for what I want from a LFO. But I’m still debating what other LFO to build next. Now that I have a system for making my own PCB’s working fairly reliably it opens up a few more options for me and lets me stop dealing with quite so much stripboard :smiley:

3 Likes