What a dingus! - CD4024BE

So I may have ordered a couple too many CD4024 ICs.
I have 25 of them and only have use for a couple.
If anyone wants any let me know, happy to send if you cover the postage.

2 Likes

What are you building with them?

To be honest I can’t remember. I’d seen a schematic somewhere on here that required one. Its a 7 bit binary counter IC.

Edit, Most likely some sort of clock divider

1 Like

7-stage ripple-carry binary counter/divider. PDIP packaging.

1 Like

There’s also one in Ray Wilson’s Noise Cornucopia, in the section that generates random gates, and it’s kind of central to Michael Barton’s Wave Shaper.

Also, if you’d just ordered 3 more, you could use them to count to a googol.

But you probably have time to buy those last 3 before they’re needed.

4 Likes

With a CD4024 i made this Clock Divider

http://familjenronnberg.se/~niklas/diy/eurorack/divider/

7 Likes

LOL I have more than a few of those kinds of items . came across something cool had a great idea and when the parts show up have no idea what they are for , lost in a folder somewhere …

2 Likes

Its insane, my partner is not a happy bunny at the moment. I got the modular flu just before Christmas and almost every day since there has been a delivery of some components or other :rofl:

I got rid of all my electronics stuff (donated to the local school) when I moved out of my parents house.
Now at the moment I just have a box with components in.
I need to find some good wall mounted storage drawers.

2 Likes

@Dud - I think this is probably the one I found!

1 Like

yeah I get that to . packages arriving all the time , even though the cost of most is relatively low it still seems like I am spending more than I am or maybe I am . haven’t really added up the expenses from the past year or so that I have been into this . kind of afraid to lol .

3 Likes

Now I’ve got all the basics (couple of multi packs of resistors, transistors, caps, ICs, sockets etc… I’ve just been topping up when I get low of values.

For some reason I hadn’t, until yesterday, ordered any diodes :rofl:

3 Likes

Just one question from me…dingus?

In a past life in robotics we’d often stack many chips and transistors to counter their limitations to current etc. It may be worth trying out some stacks in a synth DIY capacity.
Blue smoke’s on me (and @GhostBassist)

1 Like

yes please very useful to me, what would be the postage?

Drop me a PM and we can work it out

Ha! ive loved reading through this =)
I havent added up all my synth orders yet, but i feel its still under a grand. but i am still new to this too and havent built my case (so i dont have those ‘empty spaces’ to fill) im sure it will change =P
I was the same when it came to FPV quads. all the cameras and carbon soon adds up =D

Thankfully my gf is the same and gets orders of crafty things she cant remember what she wanted for =D

Edit: I also only really clicked for dingus. i love that word, and dangus.

3 Likes

My Partner says I don’t have hobbies, I get addictions​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Ive come up with a term for us ‘Fleeting Hobbyist’

1 Like

State approved addicionists!

One of us! !

1 Like

Note:
Found what I needed the 4024 for :rofl: it was indeed a clock divider

8 Likes

yes it seem to be a layout stripboard of the schematic i’ve posted

5 Likes