Kosmo Teensy Module

SnapEDA is actually a great source! I have used footprints and 3D models for the USB connectors from there, but kept the KiCAD schematic symbols.

1 Like

Oh, I have nothing against SnapEda, I had just spent ages looking and decided it wasn’t worth wasting loads of time on a cosmetic feature. I did use it once for a BNC connector though.

In my case, this was not cosmetic but integral to make sure that I got the measurements right :wink:

I see. I never bother with checking the dimensions with 3d models, I find it easier to print the layouts out, glue them onto thin cardboard and stick the components in
You do you though :grinning:

Alright, it has been a while since I gave the last update about this module. Many things got in the way and the chip for the buck converter will probably never be delivered (scheduled for June 2023!). However, I can report that the module has passed most of my tests so far and only has a few bugs. But nothing major! I will report on this project tomorrow a bit more and add some pictures.

I could successfully create sounds and read signals. Here is a graph plotted from reading one of the CV inputs via the ADC and then send to the computer via serial (over USB). The signal is generated by the #1145 VCLFO :slight_smile:

Pretty neat! Now the programming begins…

5 Likes