Korg Monotron schematic (spelling corrected)

I have read in a couple of places that korg released the schematic for the monotone. I’d like to build a clone from scratch. Does anyone have a link to the schematic for any of the monotone range?
Oddly enough I love my monotone delay and am loath to crack it open to mod so I want to make a monotone core i can experiment with.
Any and all info appreciated.
Cheers

2 Likes

Do you mean Monotron? They are on the Korg Website

2 Likes

Perhaps the most interesting part of the monotron is the VCF section which is based on (or perhaps identical to) the classic Korg 35 filter used in Korg MS-20 among others. If anyone’s interested in a more simple version, the Gakken SX-150 filter seems to use a similar topology. Furthermore, the Synthrotek Dirt filter seems to be an adaptation of the Gakken filter for 9V operation. Hagiwo has an Arduino Nano implementation of the Korg 35.

1 Like

Ah the joys of dyslexia! Thanks Rich for catching that!
And thanks Craig for the links.

… I’d been reading about 50’s amp designs and they affixed -tone to everything.

1 Like

@Farabide I think this could be a worthwhile endeavour, I admire its simplicity.
I’ve always been meaning to breadboard its VCF, I like the character of these simple VCF’s. The more elaborate filters based on ICs are useful but also a tad boring TBH.

1 Like