Inputs/Outputs on modules

Do i need a CV input to the VCO in the first place… I can manage that from a simple voltage devider I know…

Cheers

Rob

1 Like

It will output sound without CV

2 Likes

excellent… Did not know anything about modular/analogue 6 months ago. Strangely I remember watching a Youtube last summer with Vince Clarke in his equipment room, he kept banging on about how CV was much better than MIDI :wink:

Two weeks ago I had never CADed a PCB, now i can do the schematic, PCB and edit footprints… I think the more I design and build myself the better I will understand.

5 Likes

Totally with you on this. Except, for me, I feel like every time I ask a question I sound like an idiot because I just don’t know how all of this works. I’ve never even used a modular synth in my life or even seen one in person before. I’m trying to change how I write music so it’s more hands on but it’s a learning process. We will get there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw that Vincent Clarke video too. He’s got some amazing equipment in his studio. On a side note…Vincent Clarke writes straight up dance music under a pseudonym. A friend of mine who worked for Erasure for many years told me once what the name was that he wrote under, but I forgot and so did my friend. If anyone knows please let me know. He used to enter remix contests on Beatport all of the time, which was the only place I had ever heard it. It’s pretty good music, but I mean…it’s Vincent Clarke so of course it’s good :wink:

no problem with questions, as simple as they are, we all started by not understanding anything at the beginning and it is with time that it becomes clear little by little, by learning about the subject.
there are really no stupid questions :wink:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Super…

At present I am i am going to be happy if it simply does not go “Fut, Cak, Fssssss” the first time I power it up…

Rob

5 Likes

hey if you can repeat that, its musical!

5 Likes

Sounds like a contest to me, who can produce the best “Fut, Cak, Fssssss”?

5 Likes

especially do not hesitate if you need other explanations on the plugs of the modules

3 Likes