How to make euro power header cables easy?

Sam, you were going to post a video on how you simply make euro power header cables. AS in attaching the header to the cable , thru a tool or vise. I really want to see how you attached the 16 pin header to the speak and spell membrane cable connector , as doing that task in a vise .Thanks

3 Likes

This may be useful - using a vise would be the same as using the normal crimping style tool, just not as fancy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I find that getting a right angle is crucial and so a vise is perfect.

5 Likes

thanks alot . I see how now clearly thanks again

1 Like

got my correct too; and now know what the frig its all about , thanks Jameco, their tool now is only $10.50 usd

Just stumbled across this. Looks pretty excellent. I’m mystified as to how they wired it with no wires or components on the upper side but a stripboard layout or PCB shouldn’t be difficult.

5 Likes

That’s cool !
Put it on my todo list (and the CD4051 into my Tayda basket…)

3 Likes

I’m currently working on my own bus system for Eurorack power distribution. DIN rail stuff looks promising, but I’m still puzzling through the mysteries of jumpers.

I guess this is the OLED

or for < $2 at AliExpress
2 Likes

They’re actually monochrome displays but some of them have a colour overlay on the screen.

i believe so. They both look to be serially controlled. I got the monochrome variety, but that wouldn’t be a problem.

Something to keep in mind if you want to interface multiple of these is that there are jumpers on the back that will let you change the address, some are easier to do than others. Mine were rather difficult, so i was only really able to get two addresses.Thankfully, the project only needed two so it was whatever.

1 Like

Just be sure to get the I2C version, there is also a SPI version with 7 pins (from memory, maybe 6 or 8…).
At least for this project, other projects may need the SPI version…

1 Like

love to see pics and what you design . Please do share thanks

1 Like

My latest ideas are here on the fast prototyping thread. The DIN rails stuff is probably over-specified for my purposes, so I borrowed the concept and tried implementing what I like about it using circuit board headers. It’s still very much a work in progress.