Hihat simplfied Moritz Klein version

My first post, to present one of my latest works. The Moritz Klein HiHat module, simplified version with only a vactrol to simulate the opening of the hihat. Being a big fan of small notebooks with complex diagrams, I apologize because the schematic and the strip board are on… paper. But everything works perfectly. I changed some values ​​which corresponded more to my tastes and the material I had available. Thank to @analogoutput from whom I stole the shematic of the vactrol.

10 Likes

Nice! It’s a much more attractive schematic than you get out of KiCad (let alone EasyEDA)! Though if I were working from it I’d wish the IC pins were numbered, making it easier to see the correspondence with the layout.

2 Likes

I have to agree with @analogoutput your circuit diagram is very easy to read. Good work.

1 Like

Nice, I’m obsessed with hi-hats.
this is right on time! :call_me_hand:t3:

I also spent a lot of time looking for the right format with the right sound. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate, I will try to answer them as best I can.

2 Likes

Hugo_o , I’ve built this layout from here and it works as should, not bad at all

It’s there a possible point in this circuit to an add a pot for tone? I thought of a toggle with diff cap values but the pot may have more sweet spots.

3 Likes

I just bought all the parts for this, gonna give it a try.

1 Like