, Hello, HOW did you (LMNC) configure the Speak and Spell Supremo power

Sam , how did you resolve the 6v battery supply and 12 volt relay and 5 volt ic’s , Arduinos supplies in one touch . Is it in the video at all, did I miss it. I was thinking 12 volt supply to 6 and 5 volts regulators. Am I going about this right, so far?

3 Likes

Welcome @SYNTHGUY57. Sam does read the boards but he’s pretty busy. If you want to flag him and get his attention use the handle @lookmumnocomputer and he’ll be notified.

hey synth guy@@! thanks @Maxhirez truth be told I dont have an internet connection at the minute! so I’m not on as much as id like to be! :smiley:

as for the arduinos you can actually get away with plugging in a nano into 12v via the VIN (volts in pin I guess) as it has its own voltage regulator on the Arduino. so send 12 volt into the whole thing. also look into 7805’s voltage regulators. just on their own pin 1 goes 12v in, pin 2 goes to ground pin 3 it 5v out, lots of schematics with capacitors and in most applications that aint too important you can just skip them. and just use the 7805 on its own, sometimes I super glue the 7805 back down onto a panel and bend the legs up and just solder it to the power socket. no strip board needed

7 Likes

also for the 6volts, I just used the 5 volts from the regulator

6 Likes

(so basically emulating a battery powered speak and spell that’s been used for a few hours since you last changed batteries :smiley:)

6 Likes

Fair warning, if you are using the cheap clones the voltage regulator is often a part cheap out on. Seems to be less common issue these days. But it might be worth spending the extra on a separate voltage regulator.