Barton 1 Song module

Hi all. I have just put together the Barton 1 Song. When I put power to it from my Kosmo rack both of the 10 ohm protection resistors burnt out. I have been chasing it for the last couple of hours and am at a loss. Hoping someone can enlighten me. Thanks.

P.S. Even with only one 10 ohm resistor in the circuit it still lets the smoke out. In the photo only the -v rail resistor is in (to the right of the caps). The +v rail resistor goes below the 7805.

1 Like

This is the PSU circuit.

I dont know this circuit, but are those electrolytic caps in the right way, plus power input is to the left, but the negagtive soide of the caps is to the left, without seeing the board or schematic properly it seems you have a power issue.

3 Likes

Yes I have a power issue. The 10uf caps are in the correct way…always double triple check. The only main difference is the 7805 is a CT not a T.

Shouldn’t make any difference, the pin out has never changed and they are both rated at 1A or above

1 Like

Forgive me if I’m wrong but your tl074 and pic chip are transposed. Because why would you have xtal next to the opamp

4 Likes

Craig you are a legend. Thats what you get when you finish wiring and slam the ICs in with out double triple checking. Thank you sir.

4 Likes

We’ve all done it, well I have several times, reverse insert them, or even leave the chips out entirely.

3 Likes

I’m ashamed of myself for the number of times I’ve sat trouble shooting a module only to pull it out of the rack and see an IC had been left out…

3 Likes

Yesp they hey pretty mad when you do that too. Pretty hot too.

2 Likes