HarmoKey Build Thread

I decided to split this project of mine into its own thread. It might end up a bit more complicated than a simple midi keyboard, so at least with the tracking of the details ill keep it here to avoid polluting that thread.

Some progress! I was only able to work on this a little bit today, but i got the hardware midi interface up and running, and send some note messages when a button is pressed. Very snappy!

It was kinda difficult to hold the phone and this thing without a full case, but im thinking the action here, where you hold it like an accordion is satisfying. Two handed play would let you play the intervals with one hand, and made chord modifications and selections with the other.

Midi-OX is a great program that is indispensable when debugging midi messages!

10 Likes

:grin:

caustic accordeoniste

6 Likes

Words cannot describe how happy this makes me.

6 Likes

Apologies for the low volume. Got the bankable notebuttons with many midi addresses up and workin’.

The interval selection buttons (the ones that light up) now operate with a Bankable::ManyAddresses::NoteButton.

At the moment, i have two buttons configured as an IncrementDecrementSelector that iterates through the note banks, wrapping to the first or last depending on the direction.

The trick to get this to work with the bankable many addresses notebutton was to pre-define the midi addresses like:
MIDIAddress note_C4 = {MIDI_Notes::C(4), CHANNEL_1};

I just dumped my wip in github.

5 Likes

Nice !

… to continue in the joke of the accordion, here is the acoustic version and with bigger buttons :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I even picked an accordion patch for the dx7. :slight_smile:

2 Likes