Door stopper Synthesizer

A video of Simon The Magpie :

7 Likes

Oh, the magpie is back. Excellent!

5 Likes

Simon is another one of those off the hook entertaining people , love watching his stuff on YouTube . a lot of good info there to !

4 Likes

Drunk as always, but again pretty ingenious and simple ! :laughing:

4 Likes

hey lets pore whiskey on this tape and see how it sounds , yeah he comes up with some off the wall crazy shit but its fun to watch and I bet he’s a hoot to hang with in his shop .

3 Likes

No question about that !! LOL

He reminds me of a close friend. Let’s make a guitar, but string it with spaghetti.

1 Like

Was actually thinking of attaching one to the Mikrokosmos module.

5 Likes

And I thought :
“Now I need a Mikrokosmos… it has it all, even the screw for attaching the stop”
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here’s a couple of Mikrophonies outfitted with springs. There’s also the interesting idea of having the modules lying loose across the rails of a skiff, and “playing” them by moving them around.

4 Likes

I can’t see any reason for connecting a wire to the stop.
The piezo picks up mechanical vibrations from the stop, nothing electrical involved in this interface.
But it can’t hurt…

3 Likes

interesting using it for CV control .

1 Like

thanks , it just looked he did that, I know the other way would work, I was just seeing where the best aural placement would be , knowing the stop is not an electrical element

1 Like

definitely see piezo is past stop and only attached to jack , thanks again. Us superthinkerbuilders over look practical things , dont we?

1 Like

Okay so the doorstop is pretty fun. This is maybe ten minutes after hooking it up:

6 Likes

It’s great but I think it needs an actuator. Imagine a CV-controlled solenoid that gives the door stopper a good ding whenever it receives a trigger.

3 Likes

than a robot to trigger the the actuator …

1 Like

I was thinking the synth signals could trigger the actuator. That’s a kind of robot I suppose.

3 Likes

And then a Nintendo controller to control the robot.

3 Likes

I love this. I love the look of the Mikrokosmos with the doorstop.

But I might instead play with setting up a doorstop with piezo as an external thing to plug into the Mikrokosmos…

3 Likes