Diy module may be not be built

2 modules that I do not recommend, that I built a while ago and are not sastifaisant (for me)
2 on Kristian Blasol’s channel

• Buffered mixer : the output volume is infact a gain = big saturation, and a very very loud level out , so it’s an inverter output ( he put in the - of the first op amp and in the + of the second one)

• 13700 based dual VCA : I put it aside because, there is a big “clic” with each impulse as loud as the sound

I of course have nothing against Kristian, he himself says in some comments that there are problems
and other of this building are good
but it’s always boring to build modules for nothing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thank you Bitnik for correcting my fault (ah the conjugation in English!)
I have to do a lot on this site sorry

5 Likes

@Dud, Don’t worry about it. Most people who natively speak only English don’t use the language as well as you do, my friend!

7 Likes

Yeah, nice one. I built the Niklas one you recommended on your site a couple months ago, works great.

2 Likes

I don’t even notice to be honest.

3 Likes

I only had to fix it because your wording was ambiguous in English. Your English is good enough for us, and you’re a highly valued poster because of the quality of your comments.

6 Likes

Do you have pointers to the bad ones?

you want links or schematics ?

I’d like to peek at the schematics to see if I can spot the badness, but whatever’s less work for you.

here’s the mixer :

and the VCA :

3 Likes

The bottom one is basically directly from the LM13700 data sheet.

2 Likes