Desperado Vespa Day!

Literally ROFL :rofl: right now. Well figuratively literally…

2 Likes

“what the lyrics exactly mean is not really clear because no one can clearly hear the lyrics.”

1 Like

@lookmumnocomputer, the vid turned out gorgeous!

In an odd turn of events, i might be eating a bunch of this as the weeks go on cause of that “real life pandemic bullshit”. I’m loath to mention that here because its literally everywhere else and dont want this space to be yet another place that does, but really. Im probably going to be eating a lot of canned sketty in some form or another.

2 Likes

I meant to ask if the “Red Dwarf” video was at least partly inspired by their new AA commercial…? It’s strange to see them aged and yet not any different after as many years.

2 Likes

They got back together again about five years ago and have produced a feature-length special and two or three series. A new special is due to air in April 2020.

I’m more of a Doctor Who fan (a really huge fan) but I do enjoy Red Dwarf. My kids, now in their thirties, asked for me to tape record the theme tune and the song from The Arnold Rimmer Experience when they were small kids, and they still occasionally sing the songs.

2 Likes

I’ll be damned if I didn’t hear this in a little voice in the back of my head at the store earlier and feel compelled to buy three cans of it!

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to shop yet, kinda worried since I saw how irresponsibly hoardy everyone was. I’m not picky though, so I should be fine. It’s better than dealing with rabid ppl trying to get toilet paper. I’m like: bitch, I can wash my ass I’m not dealing with that shit.

I have POT NOODLES, And Dog Food.

We all know whats getting eaten last.

Rob

2 Likes

The next Series of RD is Agreed, should be out this autumn.

If you have UK TV then there has been series of Adverts for one of our Car Breakdown firms that features the Crew on Starbug… Which indicates a bit of subliminal pre staging…

We are certainly OFF TOPIC,

aahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

if you did not get that last bit… You have never beena real Dwarf Fan…

Rob

I haven’t really thought about this. Why would hoarding food be something to do now? If you wash your carrots no virus will survive. Viruses are incredibly fragile and defenceless things, unlike cellular organisms.

Supply chain issues, and being able to get out and about.

Apparently the rush all started due to an upsurge in the purchase of tinned alphabet shaped pasta…

No sensible hoarder is storing perishables, its dried goods and long term tinned goods that are being targeted. So fresh items are easily available.

Dried pasta is unavailable mostly in the UK, except for Vegan stuff LOL… Fresh pasta is still easily available. Looking at shelves all the cheap “Commodity” stuff is gone and the premium stuff is still there. So those STOCKING are not panicked enough to buy over inflated bags of Penne…

I think Sam needs to write a new song about how he has caused the mass decimation of retail provisions…

Rob

1 Like

Went to Sainsbury’s with my wife yesterday. I didn’t notice any shortage of things we eat. Recently due to my minor dental problems we’ve been buying quite a lot of tinned soup. No shortages there.

1 Like

will be battling the kids over these …

1 Like

LOL-from the “Mitchell and Webb” video I posted in another thread,
…and remember, let your children die first. Your experience and knowledge will be valuable in the world to come. Children are stupid and weak.

2 Likes

saw that when you posted ,had a good laugh . but my kids are smarter , stronger guess I am doomed .

3 Likes