DAWless Launchpad for live setup

Recently I’ve bought a Teensy 4.1 and i wanted to try the usb host function of this little Arduino compatible microcontroller.

I’ve found this blogpost where someone uses a launchpad to control his eurorack DAWles!!
To get familiar with the Teensy 4.1 and its usb host function I’ve created this little drawing app for my launchpad. LOL

If I turn this launchpad into a sequencer and at some cv port and midi ports this route can be much cheaper then buying a beatstep pro!

Do you guy have some cool ideas what to make? i was thinking of a snake game and a ambient jam at the same time with midi and cv outputs.

5 Likes

Very nice! ive made a super basic 4 pad drum trigger out of a Teensy4. it was my first project with arduino and i have no idea how to code really lol

what about coding ‘game of life’ to be like a screen saver =D

2 Likes

Game of live is always a cool ideaa! When a new cell is made the cv xould be triggered that should be fun.

2 Likes

Conway’s famous Game of Life isn’t the only cellular automaton you can program into a rectangular grid. It ought to be possible to design an automatic composition engine using such a formalism, perhaps in a manner inspired by twelve tone serialism.

3 Likes

Wow cool ideas guys! I’m more a modal kind of guy :cowboy_hat_face:
Some funky weird sequence/ generative melody ideas are very welcome!

1 Like