Combining linear PSU with switching PSU in same system

Hi all,

I currently have a question that I can not solve myself. Right now I am running my system with 3 Frequency Central Microbus PSUs connected in parallel to a 3A 12V AC/AC wallwart. Since I will need more amps in the future, I wanted to build the Befaco Excalibus PSU on stripboard. The thing is I don’t know if I can run my system with both types of power supplies at the same time.
Could I damage my modules somehow with it? What´s about the ground? On the FC PSU one of the wall wart´s AC poles is taken as ground (so I have read on the MFOS website where the schematic originates from) . In the excalibus the PSU is powered by a DC laptop power supply. Is there a thing like ‘AC ground’ and ‘DC ground’ and can they be combined without any problem (because their ground will be combined when patching modules powered by the respective PSUs)?
This questions may be a bit noobish but I am afraid that I might damage something.

Thank you for your answers.

Should be no problems connecting grounds. Note that ideally the supplies should be powered from the same wall circuit.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer! Just to be 100% sure, with wall circuit you mean that both power supplies (AC/AC adapter and AC/DC adapter) are connected to the same power outlet in my room?

Or another on the same circuit.