Ciat-Lonbarde Paper Circuits

I am curious to know if anyone in here has delved into the world of Ciat-Lonbarde’s Paper Circuits?

Much of Peter’s work intrigues the heck out of me.
Here are some examples of Paper Circuits.

grassischem3

I am planning on building a Lil Sidrassi soon!
While going through IC’s I found one random LM386N and that is the exact IC used in multiple Paper Circuits.

A majority of these circuits produce ultrasonic noise signals and many have a wide array of different configurations to produce a large range of sub sonic wave forms.

Some are very noisey… some you can barely hear… his circuits simply amaze me… lol

I threw mine onto a piece of 2mm styrene :smiley:

6 Likes

That is some intriguing craziness.

Won’t the styrene melt when you start soldering?

3 Likes

i love/hate this so much.

3 Likes

That will be great idea to use this idea as an performance-art project - makes sounds and looks modern-artsy something : D

1 Like

He’s a genius but are we sure he’s serious about this and not just riffing on Randall?

7 Likes

go have a read of one of Peter’s Dissertations… you will see, this really has always been his own style.
Here is his main thesis… :smiley:

3 Likes

in regards to the Styrene, I had planned this in advance haha, i am going to be going for an artsy type of connecting everything together, with be a lot of tweezer bending… :wink:

2 Likes

Wow-that’s a pretty deep read! My favorite line so far, from the “Cast of Characters” list (insulting though it is to circuit bending):
Shinth, a synthesizer made from shit, for circuit-benders who find their rawmaterials in the trash.

3 Likes

definitely a neat one too that ended up in his line of BEAUTIFUL wooden instruments!!
http://synthmall.com/shbobo/index.html

ALSO PLAY THE INSTRUMENT ON THAT PAGE!!!
move your mouse back and forth on the SHNTH
the page will start moving back and forth and it will start playing… lol

1 Like

Bird Monk Train,
(the one I posted earlier was his thesis)

2 Likes

I love the playful writing of that Wesleyan PhD thesis. His style is also evident in the website. For instance:

“wanilla” is copylefted. It is the first version of the sound machinery for the Shnth, and your creativity is needed to evolve new “matrices”. It is wanilla, because it sounds polish, and alphabetically, the name “vanilla” would go before the “vectors”, so it was decided that future matrices must have names that begin with w, x, y, and z. Get creative: write wasabi, xexoctl.

3 Likes

Also, Gyuto monks chanting!

3 Likes

LOL I used to have a free VST Gyoto monk chanter. It was funny-there was a little cartoon WuDang dude on it whose mouth moved when you changed the settings and blinked. You could change it into more of a benedictine monk too (though the cartoon stayed the same.) I don’t think they ever updated to OS X so obviously it’s been a long time ago!

4 Likes

Delay Lama? I remember that terrible thing.

6 Likes

It sounds pretty good, for all the naff animated graphics.

2 Likes

That was him! For freeware I found it pretty amusing. I like how the much the character looks like one of my very favorite science presenters (Dr. Jim Khalili):

If you’ve never seen him before, his “The Story of Information” is on YouTube, and it’s mind-blowing and accessible without being pedantic.

2 Likes

It is what it is.​​​​ You can make many things musical with effort. no hate lol.

2 Likes

Made a BOM thingie for Lil Sidrassi.

4 Likes

stumbling onto some deep links hidden on his site…

http://www.ciat-lonbarde.net/TIMARACURRICULUM/TIMARATERIALS/index.html

http://www.ciat-lonbarde.net/TIMARACURRICULUM/TIMARATERIALS/cirques/index.html

3 Likes