C64 Cynthcart Controller

did you try swapping the wires to 4 & 5 on the midi jack?

1 Like

No. Did you build one using the PCB of Look Mum no computer?

1 Like

I did not build the PCB. I am attempting a stripboard and Kosmo panel version.

1 Like

This project is new for me and I’m still learning.
I built a small prototype using the example of “Notes and Volts” to test the code and the multiplexer. Everything look good and I have MIDI output signal. But using the PCB, I’m stuck. That why I was asking if someone could upload an image of the back panel.

Can you post a picture of your back panel?

2 Likes

Hi @unexpectedbowtie,
Did you manage to build your Cynthcart controller? I wanted to know if everything worked out well for you.

2 Likes

Hey! Sorry for the late reply. I haven’t been on here much lately and missed your notification.

I haven’t finished mine yet. It’s still sitting waiting. My enthusiasm for DIY projects outside of video stuff fell apart after I couldn’t get one of the KOSMO modules to work, so I’ve set it all aside for a bit and will come back around to it. I’ve got the chips somewhere, but who knows if they will work or not. I might try socket them just incase, but they are big so need to figure out what size socket I need.

Did you get yours working?

1 Like

Hi @unexpectedbowtie,
Unfortunately no.
I tried to check if I can get midi output using software monitoring MIDI-OX and I have no signal. All the components seems to be at the right place. I also tried with different component versions. The arduino code seems to be correct too.
Now I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the PCB. That’s why I was looking for someone who already built it and can confirm me if the PCB is ok. I’m not expert in electronic but I like this DIY project. I also put this project on hold for few weeks but I plan to get back soon.

I will let you know if it works. :slight_smile:

1 Like