Bright Sparks Documentary - A Side & B Side (Video)

The A Side of the critically acclaimed Bright Sparks documentary, created in conjunction with the I Monster album of the same name, focuses on US based electronic music pioneers, including Bob Moog, Don Buchla, Alan R Pearlman and Harry Chamberlin.

Includes contributions from Herb Deutsch, Michelle Moog-Koussa, I Monster’s Dean Honer & Jarrod Gosling, Adrian Utley, Daniel Miller, Billy Currie, Karl Hyde, Alessandro Cortini, Will Gregory, Dennis P Colin, Alan Pearlman.

Release schedule (released at 4pm GMT on the day)

• Tuesday 9th - Bright Sparks - Behind The Scenes - Introduction, Moog & Arp
  • Thursday 11th - Bright Sparks - A Side - Robert Moog (Moog), Don Buchla (Buchla), Alan R Pearlman (ARP) and Harry Chamberlin.
  • Tuesday 16th - Bright Sparks - Behind The Scenes - The Brits
  • Thursday 18th - Bright Sparks - B Side - The Bradley Brothers (Mellotronics), Peter Zinovieff (EMS) Adrian Wagner (Electronic Dream Plant) and Ken Freeman.
4 Likes

I don’t have the attention span to watch the whole thing at once, but I watched the Moog section last night. Pretty good stuff. I heard Deutsch tell some of the same stories last March at Cornell but that’s okay, didn’t mind hearing them again.

imagine what a different world it would be if Herbert Deutsch had not pushed Robert Moog in the direction of making a small playable synthesizer .

2 Likes

The B Side of the critically acclaimed Bright Sparks Documentary focuses on the British electronic music pioneers, including the original Mellotron makers, Les, Norman and Frank Bradley, EMS’s Peter Zinovieff, Electronic Dream Plant’s Adrian Wagner & Chris Huggett, and String Ensemble inventor, Ken Freeman.

Includes contributions from I Monster’s Dean Honer & Jarrod Gosling, Peter Zinovieff, Chris Cross, Daniel Miller, John Bradley, Karl Hyde, Ken Freeman, Fred Gardner, Will Gregory, Dean Honer & Jarrod Gosling

2 Likes