AO Dual Quantizer

thanks a lot !!! (more carracter :slight_smile: )

@analogoutput , i have 2 questions about it.

i don’t find on the boom R23 & R24 both 1K on the PCB.

Are the PCB indication for mounting components are good ?

And also, don’t we need this components ?

thanks

Check if you have the latest dac/ino BOM. There was an out of date one up for too long. The current one does show R23 and R24. There are numerous other differences.

Also see Quantizer build notes:

Dual Quantizer does not use:

• Gate Out A and B
  • All pin headers (aside from 3-pin jumper headers)
  • VCC/Gnd Molex header

so these components can be omitted: Q1, Q2, R10–13 (don’t omit R14!), J5–J8, J10, J11, J14

2 Likes

Do I see a white front panel ?

thanks a lot !
sorry another one, i don’t understand how J1 & J2 are connected .
i don’t find them in schematic

dac_ino/dac_ino.pdf at master · holmesrichards/dac_ino · GitHub third page:
They can be male 3 pin headers, use a jumper to select the 0–10 V output voltage range (jumper on pins 1 and 2). Or just omit the headers and solder jumper wires.

1 Like

to be sure, like this ?

2 Likes
  • for the molex connectors, i don’t find J20 on the schematic.
  • J8 on PCB must be don’t use, but i have J8 on schem for CV2 2.
  • on the PCB CV OUT A & B = J3 & J4 but in the schem it’s J9 & J4.
  • and i have no J1 on the PCB.

i’ll go to see your build process on your github

and again to be sure i’ll not used molex connectors, just wire so , GND = circle, and Tip = square , yes ?
thx

EDIT : i read and …

is this good plz ?

From the dac/ino schematic:

There are two schematics, one for the dac/ino board and one for the Quantizer panel components. J8 for the former is different from J8 for the latter. The J8 for CV2_2 in the Quantizer schematic is a Molex connector on the end of a pair of wires; the J8 in the dac/ino schematic is a Molex header on the board.

Similar comments there. Quantizer J9 and J4 are connectors that plug into dac/ino headers J3 and J4.

i’ll go to see your build process on your github

Yes.

Your diagram’s good, with your permission I’ll steal it for the documentation.

1 Like

i better understand thanks a lot !!!

yes of course :slightly_smiling_face:

I added other connections

Also I changed the references in the Quantizer schematic (added 100 to all) to reduce confusion.

3 Likes

@analogoutput just to tell you that this image does not appear correctly on your page.

here

After some test with my LFO (it send positive and negative signal out), i searched and saw your “Positivizer”.
It’s a small circuit, i must add it in my Quantizer CV, but i don’t find schem. Have you one plz :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT : i find it on comment under your vid, it’s well that one ?

Thanks. Looks like unlike my offline Markdown viewer, Github doesn’t like spaces in image names. Fixed now.

That’s the core of it. Of course I replicated that for a second unit, and used the usual power connection components. The 5 V came from a REF02 voltage reference.

1 Like

thx a lot !
i’ve made quickely a layout for it

positivizer by sound bender copie

to reduce more the size of the Positivizer to put it in the Quantizer module, i have a question.
Can i take dirrectely the +12 / -12 and also the +5 on the REF02 Quantizer pcb ?

I don’t see why not…

1 Like

i finished it and it work fine (very plaisant to have it), my new 3 LFO is a very slowly one like Sloth Chaos = long period of no quantiz .
but this is an old history now !
thx @eric for the idea to put it directelly on the PCB without stripboard, it’s made in 10 min and easy to add.

and a little hot glue et voilà :slight_smile:

for more info, i had allready finished my module before the add, and i don’t use euro/kosmo power socket, so a little of hot glue on my wires.
So i connected the +12 & -12 on the output of the power diodes.
The +5V on a jack socket (CV2).
after just connect IN1 to the Jack IN1 of Quantizer
and OUT1 connect to the wire which was originally connected to IN1 jack of Quantizer.

3 Likes

I need to get off my ass and build me one. I was gifted one by @juggle, is there anything I need to know beyond maybe a BOM @analogoutput? Any pitfalls? Ive been trying to keep up with every thread, so sorry if ive missed something.

2 Likes

Guess it’s a little late for me to point out there are three unused pads on the PCB where you could have connected +5 V (VCC):

1 Like

There’s lots to know, all here

and here

or documents linked from there

2 Likes