AI006 Stomp Adapter Schematic Help

EDIT: Switched pots to A100K and fixed their pin order.

You are correct. I pulled out my built module and it’s connected to pin 6. Here’s the updated layout:

6 Likes

lol, I still need to build your version…
something’s wrong with my layout but I’ve kinda stopped caring since my DBD clone module that I made stopped working… lolol that was my only “fx” pedal and now that Sam is working on a Delay, that DBD definitely went on the diagnostic backburner… (as with the stomp adapter lolol)

3 Likes

A small tip re stomp adapters and external fx loops in general is to keep the fx in and outs near the edge of a rack to keep external cable runs short but more specifically to have the fx units themselves on or under your rack. One of my keyboard racks had a panel for 2 stomp boxes. Out/return jack sockets, tiny attenuation pot and a 9v power cable with 2 plugs. Oh and really really strong Velcro. Never used it because it was right in the middle at the front and all my send/return jacks were at the back. That said I wish i’d kept it.

1 Like

I updated the layout again. I had the pots reversed before and it turns out I like it better with audio taper pots. I built one this way yesterday. Will post pics in a bit.

2 Likes

thanks, i built it too, but it’s for my future third cabinet and I have not yet received the pcb from Frequencies Central for the power … so not tested yet
for 1 week i did too, 2 AD/AR (one with 2 input ), 1 buffered multiple, 1 CV glide and 1 VCF (MS20 with hipss/lowpass).

1 Like

As promised, here are pictures of my new build. Layout updated in previous post.

Hanging out with its older sibling in the case:

I used angled aluminum for the panel. Really easy to work with:

Posing with its rather handsome strip board relative:

It’s a very easy build:

6 Likes

my double

6 Likes

Nice! I was actually thinking of doing a double/stereo version with switched input jacks. Can you show the stripboard/the back of the module as well?

4 Likes

i don’t have yet 47pf and 10pf … i’m waiting

6 Likes

Today’s project
5cm-wide double stomper pcb. Inspired by @Dud @ChristianBloch
Not quite done but nearly there

Question: if I connect the switch pin of input1 jack to the tip of input 2 jack is that all I need to do have one input get buffered down twice for two pedals in parallel? Is it worth it?

Also I will upload the files to github for your pleasure when I get a completed draft

5 Likes

Considering making the module 7.5cm and adding in @analogoutput’s expression pedal adapter:

Prototyping DIY Expression Pedal interface for Kosmo

Update, added in the expression circuit!

6 Likes

i’ve just tested mine and the level of the output it’s low, have you the same problem ?

if i take the output of my VCO only, and after i pass by the SBA with a FX pedal , the sound is very low in comparison with the original

maybe can i change a resistor somewhere to the OP amp out ?

1 Like

I haven’t noticed it being low, but I’ll check and report back if I find anything.

2 Likes

cool thx ! …

Mine are all good level-wise. So this gives me the same level as if green and brown were directly connected:

4 Likes

like that me too it is the same level, but it is rather comparing my VCO dirrect, or when it goes through the Stomp B module, so the level of SBA output

So is whatever effect you are sending it through maybe not returning the same level signal it is getting? I’m not sure I understand.

Sorry, hard to explain. I try again

The volume level of the VCO alone, compared to the volume level of the VCO when it goes through the SBA (even without FX like your photo)

I just checked the whole assembly, and I adapted the stripboard a little bit according to the place and unfortunately reversed the order of components
R 470 R placed at GND before 47pf and 10k, and the volume level out is now ok !!

THX @ChristianBloch for taking the time to look

just a little something, the order of pin pot is reversed on your latest version of stripboard (it’s 3 that goes to GND instead of pin 1 :wink: )

1 Like

So glad you found the issue. I’ll update the layout with the correct pin order.

2 Likes