A litany of dumbassery

LOL… Lost a few grounds myself over the last few months…

Last night I soldered up my Gate2Trigger

This morning i decided to give it an audio test ( need to get my oscilloscope to test properly)… So I went off hunting for the AS3310 to put in it, before testing with the chip I decided to do a power rail sense check so pulled up the Pinout for the AS3310. I then checked the voltage and there was nothing… Ground did not seem to match any other ground…

I then put the AS3310 (ASDR Chip) back in the packet and pulled out a LM324 OpAmp, and referenced it’s data sheet against the power rails. Which was fine…

Having successfully not smoked a As3310 and seemingly possibly got the trigger module working I thought I would move on to building…

I got most of the components down and came to the jacks. For some reason my mind was playing tricks on me, I thought the jacks had been flipped on the board and were on the wrong side… I got my thinking cap on, I had already soldered the daughter control board and that was going to need flipping too. so I did all that. and then later realised that It was all correct in the first place. DOH!!! So got to try and unsolder lots of stuff and flip it again!

5 Likes