123ADC module project

Is it necessary? I only noticed that after a seperated them.

Yeah, in the stripboard layout pin 8 is only connected to ground via its strip connection to pin 13, and pin 10 is only connected to ground (as it should be) via its jumper connection to pin 8. If you cut the strip between 8 and 13 you need to re-connect pin 8 to ground, like by soldering a wire from 8 to 13 on the underside, or by adding a jumper from pin 8’s strip to the 5th strip from the top.

Thanks. Sorted that out. Tomorrow I’m going to redo all the wiring and see how that goes. Although not very hopeful. A lot of people seem to be having issues getting this working.

I talked to Sam off line about 2 months ago and saw the same thing on R1 and R8 and they were supposed to be labeled 1 k resistors as he said to me .

Hey Sam, your project inspired me to do a module on my own wich features a Similar configuration with a DAC on the other side. Ive added a Sample rate source, a normaled white noise source to the input, input and output scaling to v/oct and a low pass filter at the Output. Its a Bitcrusher and Sample and Hold ar heart but with the individual bits out of the ADC and ins for the DAC which are normalled together. V/oct scaling makes this a nice quantizer :slight_smile: theres so many things this module can do its not even funny anymore :‘) just wanna say thanks for the nice inspiration!

Heres a small audio demo with the first prototype: https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/sbt6rb/its_alive_little_audio_test_of_bitmap_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

10 Likes

Looks and sounds awesome, welcome to the forums

Selling extra pcbs?

6 Likes

I second this - Would love this myself!

5 Likes

Hey, im currently reworking the pcb layout to get some fixes in there. And i have plans and am in contact with Xaoc to add some expansion headers on the back so that is compatible with their leibniz subsystem :slight_smile: would be totally awesome if that works. I hope to be able to sell some PCB and Panel kits with BOM to get started :slight_smile: but there will be spares from prototyping anyway. Im secretly hoping that sam would like to test or even buold one of my modules because i got insoired by his 123ADC :slight_smile: and as far as iknow he hast got a proper bitcrusher in his rack yet​:smile:o

4 Likes

Sign me up too, please! Looks fantastic!

4 Likes

Yes me too! Awesome!

2 Likes

The final PCB versions arrived after 6 month of being stuck in the mail from asia!!!:sweat_smile: now i can finally say the schematic is working perfect 100%. Its now compatible with the leibniz subsystem from Xaoc! Unfourtunately i lost the original KiCad files and Gerbers. But im still able to reorder the PCBs and i will try to get the gerber files back from JLC to put it on github for everyone to order. Compete BOM is following soon. Have fun with this monster of a module :slightly_smiling_face: since im working full time now it problably will be my final biggest build ever because i doubt im gonna have the time again to make something complex as this…

For detailed description of what it does visit the github page:

Cheers Luis

4 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

I want both panel colors…

1 Like

Is there a schematic for this?

If by “this” you mean LMNC’s prototype circuit the information is at STUFF - LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER . There is no schematic, just breadboard and stripboard layouts, but it’s a pretty simple circuit so not hard to trace the schematic out.

1 Like