What input pin should I put in 4046 from the 4017 sequencer to create the sounds please?

Hiya, I got my phased locked loop, with the cmos 4046,4066,40106 working great. Just got the 555 and 4017 sequencer working too. Just want to make sure what output from the 4017 should I put into the other cmos chips to creeate the sequence sounds? The 4046, 40106 or the 4066. Should I experiment or will I blow the chips?

I have uploaded a schematic that I’ve used for ref for the sequencer. I did notice at the bottom it has the diodes going into pin 2 of a 556. So I was thinking of putting the diodes into the VCO IN (pin 9) of the 4046 or into the input of the 40106. Any ideas?

1 Like

It looks like that below the wiring diagram you posted, there is a more standard schematic with symbols, you should post that version if you have it, much easier to answer if we can see it

Cv into pin 9. Sync into 11. Either will give you some noises.

The schematic has the opamp buffering the cv input. You may not need it.

You’re right, I should’ve posted a clearer schematic. It’s based on a ‘baby 8 sequencer’. As Dogstar13 suggested CV into pin 9 of the 4046 and Sync into 11. So I’ll give that a go. I thought it was pin 9, just wanted to make sure, many thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try pin 9 and 11? I thought it may’ve been pin 9 but had to make sure, thanks. Is that diode output into pin 9? and where is the Sync output?

Yeah from the cv out of the sequencer into pin 9. The output of the sync is just the output from the 4046. You can patch a second oscillator into the sync and it will put out some gnarly tones when you tweak the pitch of the second oscillator. There’s a sweet spot you gotta find with the 4046 pitch pot. It’s nice.

Wow! sounds nice. I will start experimenting. Many thanks for the info.