Troubleshooting Falstad circuit of Steiner-Parker vcf

I found one mistake, on the simulation, on a resistor value on the resonance path. Not sure if this was spotted before.
The 1M to ground is set to 1m, so 0.001R I guess. (thanks (@analogoutput )

Seems to be working here (more or less) : https://tinyurl.com/2dxljq2d
I changed few values here and there. (to me) It looks like the numerous capacitors are making the simulation tricky.

1 Like

Or 0.001R.

Case matters!

Factor Name Symbol Factor Name Symbol
10^24 yotta Y 10^-1 deci d
10^21 zetta Z 10^-2 centi c
10^18 exa E 10^-3 milli m
10^15 peta P 10^-6 micro µ
10^12 tera T 10^-9 nano n
10^9 giga G 10^-12 pico p
10^6 mega M 10^-15 femto f
10^3 kilo k 10^-18 atto a
10^2 hecto h 10^-21 zepto z
10^1 deka da 10^-24 yocto y
1 Like

Hahaha, I hesitated to put 0.001mohm. Does such low resistor value actually exist ?

1 Like

0.05 µΩ:

A steal at $91.33 each.

1 Like

Maybe a thick wire that you cool down? :wink:
Getting close to superconductor realm :wink:

Becareful - that could be considered a typo of mho - or ohm spelled backwards to designate conductance in siemens: Siemens (unit) - Wikipedia

2 Likes

I played around with the circuit a bit and got the impression that the range of the CUT OFF pot was too large (in extreme setting the filter dampened the input signal completely but also output a slowly decaying DC voltage). For this I changed the resistor values for CUT OFF a bit. I left the rest of the circuit untouched (see pic below). Note: setting T1 and T2 is crucial. When using the modified circuit and setting T2 in the mid position and T1 at about 90% reducing the range of the voltage CUT OFF can be set to in the simulation gives a nice range of low attenuation to full attenuation of the signal (as a LF filter). The resonance pot also has a nice effect.

3 Likes