Troubles with the SUPER SIMPLE OSCILLATOR

@analogoutput uh yeah sorry, that’s what I did (+ to + and - to - right?). The weird thing is that I read this topic How does one make blinky lights n such? and tried to build a super simple circuit to see te light pulses (without capacitors), just sticking there a 1k ohm resistor from V+, going into the positive leg of the LED, which is then going to V- with its negative leg (LED GLOWS STEADILY). I then tried to add the 2N3904 between the resistor and the LED with the same result as before. So, from the topic I read I understood that in the first circuit the LED shoul just be displaying the fact that the voltage is oscillating between + and - right? But in the case of the oscillator, it is the transistor that, hitting its breakdown voltage, will become conductive and the signal flow through. Now my question is: why can’ t I just remove the transistor using the voltage oscillation to make sound? The result of the very simple circuit that I was trying to do before (R+LED) seems to be answering to my question, but I don’t get things quite right :confused: