Super simple oscillator mixing?

Hi there, I’m sorry for starting yet another topic on the super simple oscillator but I couldnt find the right answer to my problem. :slight_smile:

I builded 4 super simple oscillators. They all work seperately. But when I connect the outputs together the output gets verry low.
Should I use a mixer circuit to mix these oscillators? If so, any sugestions?

1 Like

Yes, you will need a mixer. I suggest Sam’s simple mixer:

2 Likes

You could mix the outputs together using a few simple resistors and feed that signal into an amplifier.

2 Likes

Yes, passive mixers are a Thing.

The SSO has an output resistor, so in principle just tying those together should create a passive mixer, right?

4 Likes

Sam’s first drone with the SSO did just that.

4 Likes

Last year I was a little curious about those double floor potentiometres and bought a few for no reason. But it turned out, after some research that it could be a possibility for a volume knob, one layer controling the ins and the other the out. I am not sure it is wired correctly, but it works, except since I added 3 summed outputs of 4 total ins, the knobs then interact with other ins etc. But all in all it works, I will see if I can push it further. But I found it quite handy for a low budget mixer. Please don’t mock my front panel ( I am looking for someone who does eurorack panels still). So here are some photos, its my first diy test being posted, so looking forward for feedback! :

1 Like

Hi everyone, I do also have issues with the mixer of the super simple oscillator (SSO).
I want to make a box with 8 SSO, thus I have to have a mixer. But, I have issues with it. Here is a basic SSO cell with the input stage of the mixer (100k + pot + C3).

My issue being : at TP 1, I have a nice 4Vpp signal. At TP 2, I have 1Vpp at best.
Replacing the 100k res by a 1k gives better results. Can I do that?
I will eventually buffer the output with opamps.

I guess I managed to solve this. I had to switch mix pot and 100k and add the double inverter amplifier stage.