SPRING REVERB DIY experiment

2 spring reverb test

• The first with a recovered spring and a true schem (normally planned for a tank)
    work on 9V battery
    A DPDT switch for true bypass.

• The second one with a true tank but with a piece of circuit recovered and a little hack.
    With a power socket for 9V wall wart

11 Likes

I knew what this is, but for some reason when I read it my brain thought it meant reverb built or used in the season we call spring. Long day I guess.strong text

2 Likes

I have four tanks lying around and I’ve been meaning to do something about it. Thanks for the inspiration!

4 Likes

80 cm tall verb springs ! they are from a Hamond tone cabinet I built custom case and use a 5 watt stereo tube amp from a old record player to drive it . haven’t used it in years but I think it will find a new life with the mod synth for sure .

8 Likes

I have some tanks piled up too , it would be nice to put them to use . I can’t read what the second IC is in the schematic ?

4 Likes

That’s some next level shit right there!

4 Likes

this is what they look like with out the art . the stick is a yard stick 36" [ about 90 cm.]

4 Likes

That’s amazing! I had no idea.

2 Likes

it’s a LM386

there is a thread in this forum (with some mod, i don’t remember if i did it )

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=94965.20

2 Likes

thanks for the info , luckily I have a doz. of those ic’s on hand .

3 Likes

this one is Stomp box 9V, maybe that’s what you were looking for

But for a synth module there is this one : (i have no tested it)

tombolaSpringReverb

link :

https://ua726.co.uk/2012/07/08/tombolas-diy-spring-reverb-driver-circuit/

4 Likes

Niceee, wanna build one as well! I know that it’s easy and fun and the spring reverb sounds great!

2 Likes

That build takes the next level to the next level.

2 Likes

How old is that yardstick!?

3 Likes

no date on it but it has to be older than nineteen seventy’s the phone number on it uses the name / letter code for the area code .

2 Likes

@Dud and @devicex 'king amazing! Bravo!

2 Likes
10 Likes

I’ve made a few similar experiments…

Turns out that OK, you can get plenty springy noises from piezos, broken speakers as transducers etc, but for those really long reverbs the Slinky didn’t work (it simply does not reverbate as easily as the supple springs in a tank)

3 Likes

:+1: Excellent !
(more characters : mdjdhdjfkdnxuujzzsjsbqh)

1 Like