Quad Adjustable Tom

Hi,

Did anyone successfully build the Quad Adjustable Tom found on electro-music.com :: View topic - Quad Adjustable Tom and Adjustable Tom | Modular Synth? If so, could you please provide an updated BOM for the latest version (v3)? Cheers!

1 Like

Kinda looks like no one has! Should be easy enough to try out on a breadboard though. From what I read on the links the only issue is one resistor which was originally shown as 1M but should be 10M, and that’s corrected in the images and BOM (but not the PDF schematic). Looks like the BOM on the website matches the schematic images for a single tom; for four, everything would get quadrupled except the TL064 and the 100n and 10u caps. And the stripboard shows a 16-pin Eurorack style power header not mentioned in the BOM; a 10-pin one or other power connector could be used instead.

Let us know what you think of it if you try this out.

2 Likes

hey, I can suggere you some simples drum circuits on here:

have fun !

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion. Those two TOM designs look great. Do you have their stripboard layouts?

1 Like

thank you, yes their have pretty cool sound !

sorry no stripboard layouts… I need to learn how to make that !!

how software I need to use ? someone can help me with more informations please?

1 Like

I have build the Quad adjustable Toms and I think that this is a simple and nice project for novices for trying to learn how to build something from a schematic.

Here my inspired project with adding a delay mod:

I have also find this one who could be interessant, but never tested:

If untested, please add “UNVERIFIED” to the image.

3 Likes

DIYLC

2 Likes

Nice, I go look at this !
thank you !!

1 Like

I have correct this ! thank you !

3 Likes

Thank you so much - I missed the PDF schematic somehow! Few noobie questions:

• the original employs a TL064 and the PDF schematic mentions a TL084…would it be ok to use a TL074 instead?
  • switching to a 10-pin power connector does not require any further modifications, right?
  • any idea of what T9.1 and T9.2 in the stripboard layout refer to?
1 Like

also a thread about that :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • no problem for me with a tl074 or 2xtl072, it work great !

generally the tl opamps are often compatible with each other

• I have no idea what T9.1 and T9.2 mean… ignore them.

• don’t forgot to use a 10M resistor for R6, R15, R33 and R24 on the stripboard layout !

• need no modification for using a 10 pins socket; if you are not sure, refer to this sticky-note before soldering and connecting anything !

• finally I found it more interesting to replace the trimmers by potentiometers fixed directly to the panel for more control’s flexibility!

• be meticulous when you wiring your circuit because Twin-T filters are quite noisy and also sensitives to outside interferences.

good luck, have fun and go dancing the rumba !

3 Likes

T1 through T8 are jacks, so I’d say it’s the two terminals of the ninth jack, except the schematic and photo show no indication of a ninth jack, so… But the photo does show a wire, not shown on the stripboard layout, from near that point on the ground strip (the one C5, C10, C15, and C20 connect to) presumably to the sleeve pins on all the jacks.

1 Like

@AlphaCrucis

• my last suggestion is a mod for adding a Mixed output, like with this simple mixer circuit for exemple:

2 Likes

Thanks! Could you confirm if this is the correct jack socket type for this build? https://cpc.farnell.com/cliff-electronic-components/fcr1281/3-5mm-jack-socket-mono-pcb/dp/AV20844

Personly I often use this sort of mono jack socket for my Eurorack projects, but of course your mono jack should be work too !!

Any sort of 3.5 mm mono jack should work.

1 Like

Hey guys, just to make sure no mistakes are made, can you confirm if the electrolytic caps placement (negative side) is correct?

3 Likes