Oscillation problem on my VCO

Shit! Shit! Shit! Guys I think I burnt my AS3340 !!
I think he is dead but the problem is that he was on my VCO (that of Sam) and that my VCO did not work before …

greetings to all ;
I had built a VCO with the AS3340 out of a shema almost like Sam’s.
It’s been a while since I’ve been on this module as I was working on other projects, but now I really need this 1v/oct VCO…
As the one I had made didn’t work either, I decided to start by making the very simple version of Sam’s 1v/oct oscillator.
Anyway, I’ve just finished it but it does strange things to me :

it oscillates well in triangle and sawtooth but the frequency potentiometer doesn’t change anything and neither does the trimpot…

if someone can help me to solve the problem, thanks in advance !!!

Enoha Roubaud

1 Like
4 Likes

Thanks for the link!
After having read and watched the video on the test of a circuit before powering up I redid the tests on my module.
After in the continuation of your help I don’t really know if the test point is applicable on the simple version of the oscillator?
And the voltage measurements you are talking about on the trimer: is it the same trimer as on the simple version?

I posted some simple oscillator notes here:

7 Likes

Thank you for your help:)
I did the voltage tests and I get good-7.1v on pin 3 and the right supply voltages for the tlo72 and AS3340.
For the points you have marked “tune cv” I have 12v but for the point marked “cv” I have almost nothing (0.1v…)

I was wondering if it was necessary to connect the last pin of the frequency potentiometer to gnd ?

1 Like