My current most useful or inspirational books

Cool they still print out some! Yet woaw they are soo old school , payment only by cheque.

BTW, found this … With many of the quoted books here and more

coool!! speaker enclosures! nice does it say in the conclusion paragraph,… aaaah just use an mdf board and hot glue the speakers on to it it’ll be fine? haha.

2 Likes

Haha! I wish, its one of them fancy measuring books for crazy people like me =)

Its got some elaborate stuff in there that intimidates me. Its taken me like 3-4 months to make 3 cases, it would take me a solid year for my pedantic mind to drag through some of these =D

Its mostly just pictures, ill post a few interesting ones in a sec =)

1 Like

@lookmumnocomputer Anything tickle your fancy here?
My dads sure to have a scanner about somewhere if you want some better pics, itll just take a while to find/do lol.

1st book contents:

Crazy looking Omnidirectional thing.

I have no idea… but it looks cool.

This ones a bit more my speed, Aka, basic =)

2nd book contents, a bit more info heavy.

6 Likes

That dodecahedron shaped box simultaneously looks really cool, and is intimidating as all hell to build.

1 Like

It looks like this:

edit that’s cause it is. Brain fart

2 Likes

Yeah but who doesnt want to roll 1 giant D12 speaker mid dnd game and give everyone playing a turn of decibel induced stun while simultaneously changing the landscape! =D

3 Likes

Barbarian speakers.

3 Likes

@saint_et_moudulard they fit here , thnx :slight_smile:

more on the wishlist list

1 Like

Note that Henry’s books are still under copyright, and are still being sold:

The www.magsmoke.com site looks rather stale, though.

4 Likes

posted this on the mail day thread awhile ago . it was not a cheap book but I have been very satisfied with it lots of history , tips and interviews with people that have all sorts of backgrounds in modular.
here is one place to get book there are many others.

here is a link to to the site affiliated with the book .
https://learningmodular.com/

3 Likes

An old thread, but I really love Ray Wilson’s book even if it is “simple” it is a good source of anything related to synth electronics. Besides I simply MUST build my grandchildren the Noise Toaster and all info is in the book.
Here are some of my favourite books. The three Russian books are oriented towards tube/valve electronics and the four Swedish books in the bottom are a series of books on electronics from the 50’s or 60’s and one about metal casting (one day maybe):

5 Likes

here is some oldies in the stash you may like .

5 Likes

Hi ya does the Electronic Music and Creative Tape Recording book have a circuit for a 2 transistor fuzz pedal in it. Im trying to get an old book i used to have at college. it also had a sketch of how to record a band. in this illustration it has the name ‘the hony pot’ on the bass drum, I want this as i have some friends in a band with the same name!