Help needed for UNVERIFIED AS3340 VCO Stripboard Layout (No Arduino/Display)

maybe a bad solder like your first one

1 Like

It looks like the issue lies within the rotary switch. Hooking up the rotary switch causes none of the outputs to work with the occasional static coming through. Does anyone notice anything within the wiring path there (mostly the bottom left of layout)? I checked voltage at each connection to the rotary switch (i.e. 0v with increments of 1v per node) and everything looks good in that respect.

EDIT: I am thoroughly perplexed. I cut the wires to the rotary switch and I still get nothing (now on both boards) with the 1v/oct connected to my beatstep. However, when there is no input - I get a high pitched ringing coming out of each input. Another interesting thing - If I turn off the power input into the module, the sound of the discharge of the capacitors (I believe that is the interesting bloops when I turn it off) still occur.

EDIT 2: I changed out the TL072 op amp and I am now getting distorted audio that is controllable. I also changed out the TL074 and that had no effect.

EDIT 3: More weird shenanigans. It seems like this oscillator is going off the rails. I can literally move my arm in front of the panel and the pitch changes.

Just going to bump this thread so that someone might know my issue from this last post.