Epic ulti-multi

I went back and looked at the post at the start of this topic so now I have a better idea what we’re talking about!

I’d sort of had the idea you were talking about (for the voltmeter and the 10 segs) monitoring rail voltages. Now it’s not obvious to me what your intended use is. Is this something for control voltages or for audio signals?

So you have a Russian voltmeter that appears to be set up for ±15 V. If you’re looking at control voltages then I imagine you can just connect it directly to your signal — though it still may whip the needle around too fast to be very useful. For audio signals I don’t think you can easily use such a meter.

I’m maybe less sure what we’re talking about with regard to the 10 segment displays, since what you linked to there and the board you showed above are quite different though apparently both are based on the LM3914/5 chips. For control voltages I suspect the answer’s the same in either case, connect directly for the +12 V display and through an inverter for the -12 V. For audio signals too, it looks like the LM3915 will work, though it might take more design effort to get it to do whatever it is you want. See the datasheet and scroll down to Application Hints.

1 Like