CIRCUIT BENDING (again)

I used the LTC1799 to circuit bend (reclock) two Behringer pedals, the DR600 and the FX600 (both use the same Coolaudio V1000 and have very large Xtals to desolder).
Desoldering took some care but was perfectly doable.

Here are some examples of sounds where you can see the new clock waveforms as well.

Behringer DR600 (reverb)

Behringer FX600 Multi FX (the delay suddenly got very useful)

I later went on to create a very simple CV - to Vactrol circuit and cram that into the Multi FX pedal (turned out to be not as terribly useful as I imagined… :wink: )

VACTROL

A BC547 drives two LEDs in parallel, one is kept as an indicator on the pedal, the other one is crimped with a LDR to form a VACTROL. The VACTROL goes in parallel to the potentiometer controlling the LTC1799 board from Circuitbenders

And just one transistor and two resistors could easily fit just glued to the top of the pedal’s insides.

I followed the instructions/suggestions on Circuitbenders’ site and used a 7805 to regulate the pedals 9V to 5V for the LTC1799. The BC547 and the LEDs are powered directly from the 9V.

CV control worked fine but just plain down pitching was quite useful. Turned this boring Multi FX pedal into a really nice tunable loooper.

Example:

4 Likes

Here’s playing the MultiFX via CV, also examples of a CV-controlled BOSS DR220A. If you run it from an external clock the CV-reclocking only affects pitch. Running external clock via a Clock Divider worked too.

Sorry for just an Instagram link but I only had some short vids.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C5WZDK3ikd5/?hl=en&img_index=1