AI006 Stomp Adapter Schematic Help

So I got the idea to build a Stomp Adapter from AI Synthesis’ - Schematic that is available for the AI006 from another member here in the Forum.

I am curious if anyone is willing to take a look at my Strip Board Layout to see if it matches correctly with the Schematic!

I am having a bit of confusion with the To Synth portion of the schematic… I know… ridiculous… it looks like the easiest bit… but simple things always become beyond over complicated in my head… lol.

So I want to make sure that I have everything connected correctly before I am brave enough to consider my layout Verified!

I believe the POUT from the FX Pot connects to the BOUT coming from Pin 6 on the IC, but I am super confused by the schematic!

I will post all of my pics below, and thanks for checking it out!!

Here is what I am confused on (and probably more… I may have completely wired the Pots wrong… hence this post haha.)

Another thing I want to be sure of… H1 (Pot 1) and H2 (Pot 2) are Pot 1 = SYNTH and Pot 2 = FX correct??

Thanks again to anyone and everyone who takes a look!!

3 Likes

Was just playing around in Fritzing for the first time. This is obviously amateur hour, but here’s what I came up with and I believe the wiring is correct. You seem to have the “From Synth” jack wired to the post FX pot, which isn’t correct. It should be going to the input attenuator.

1 Like

I think I got er!!
I had the wiring all sorts of mess up.

I am grounding every jack and such to the board since I am not using metal panels and my case is wood. lol

Still not 100% positive tho.

1 Like

I think you gout the output to the 1K from pin 6 going to the synth attenuators rather than the output attenuator now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, and pin one on the IC shouldn’t be connected to anything.

1 Like

Oops, see the cut pad now. NM

1 Like

haha Whoops!
I forgot to move that when I switched everything around before!

How bout now?

To Synths Ground is well, simply a ground lol, ill probably move that to a ground rail, it just happens to say PGND on the schematic.

Its moments like this that i wish Fritzing didn’t make my computer work so hard.

1 Like

Looks pretty good to me! Let us know how the build goes

1 Like

I got StripboardCAD for my iPad, so I figured giving this another go would be a good way to try it out. BTW, I noticed that the original schematic has an incorrect value for the positive voltage input resistor.

4 Likes

that is WAY cleaner than mine, lol
Although, the reason mine is laid out that way is to allow the board to be mounted to the 2 attenuators, as to remove the need for any kind of L bracket.
However, I am totally going to build one off of this as well :smiley:

1 Like

Turns out, this is a pretty straight copy of a CGS module and the original schematic is way easier to read—to my eyes anyway. There are no attenuators shown, but they’re straight forward to add.
schem_cgs60v2_sba
I should probably find something else to focus on now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

4 Likes

Hi Christian, on your stripboard lay out legend, you state that there are 12 trace cuts. on the diagram I can only see 10. If there are 12 can you show where they are please. I really appreciate the work you put into this.
tanks

seano

Hey Sketchie -

The other 2 cuts you are looking for are right under these 2 Resistors.

2 Likes

Also - for anyone doing this - follow Christians Stripboard Layout.

Not Mine!!

Mine works but something is wonky and at the moment do not have time to diagnose what the issue is. (Seems like I get no to extremely low output with my layout)

I am going to build Christians layout instead.

1 Like

thank you! :+1:

I had been scratching my head over this, now you’ve pointed it out it’s obvious :crazy_face: Doh!

1 Like

Not obvious, really. They’re pretty obscured.

1 Like

not visually but electrically the resistors would have little or no effect :+1:(shorted between legs through copper strip) :wink:

1 Like

hello, i try to make this build, i’m not shure but i think there a mistake on the stripboard Christian , the output of the tlo71 is pin 6 and on yours you put in pin 5 the 1k and the pot for output.
tell me if i’m wrong

1 Like