Sega Mega DRIVE SYNTH

I’ve been wanting to build this for a while. I’ve been going through the poly code and watching the LMNC and notesandvolts videos trying to figure out the schematic (sometimes pausing to follow the wires :slightly_smiling_face:). I think some of the layout is based on common ideas about electronics and I haven’t the experience with them yet so it’s no as obvious to me.

I made an attempt to draw out a schematic, but I’m wondering if it makes sense, especially around the Midi Thru and the Pot-Socket connections. I’m using an Arduino Pro Micro which has less pins than the one LMNC uses but I think it’s fine if I change two of the pins. The multiplexers are labeled M1-4 and I only draw the left side for M2-4 since they are the same and I have labeled which current flow (Ē, written as ‘sig’ on the image) pins they connect to but they should all connect their control pins (S) to Arduino pins 2-5 (I think this is correct).

If anybody has built this already or similar project any feedback would be appreciated.

Also apologies for it just being drawn on paper rather than using an app, I just find it easier to use paper.

3 Likes