Noisy Delay problem

Hey everyone!
I have just built the LMNC super simple delay, but I am finding it being a bit noisy, I think It is picking up noise from the power supply/other modules… would it help to put caps from +12v to gnd and -12v and gnd? If possible? Which value should they be?

All the best!
Vincent

Is it noisy all the time or mostly at high feedback level ? The PT2399 chip is quite lowfi. I have 3 PT2399 delay modules and they make quite a bit of white noise. I use a low pass filter on the output, helps quite a bit.

1 Like

Hmm, it seems to be as you say, it doesn’t sound noisy when I’ve got nothing plugged in or use a bit shorter delay…

I sat down for a jam and it sounds real funky, in a sort of good way, it distorts the signal a bit and I can get it to sort of feedback internally… It wasn’t originally what I had hoped for but I think it’s quite cool in this way aswell…

How do you have the low-pass set up on your module? Is it fixed or is it with a pot?

1 Like

Sorry, I meant into a VCF module. But yes I guess you can add a very simple Sallen key low pass filter.
And I aslo agree, it sounds nice but very different from what one could excpect from a digitial delay.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, what LED’s are you using? I am using different ones on each stage and I feel like this might have an effect.

2 Likes

I assume that you are referring to the triple splashback delay LEDs.
I do have different ones yes, cheap ones. But I don’t think they are causing much noise. I would lean towards the fact that there is a big random factor from chip to chip. I always wanted to try different PT2399 batch on the same delay and see how much difference it makes.