Looking for a CEM3340 chip

I’m thinking of building three VCO’s, but l can’t find a supplier in England who has the CEM3340 chip, all that l can find is a supplier in Europe who say that the AS3340 chip is a replacement for the CEM3340 chip. Do you know of a supplier in the UK who has the CEM3340 chip, l have looked on eBay and several other websites without luck, many thanks.

1 Like

there is the link on the web page of Sam for this project :grinning:

but a AS3340 is also good and more cheap

2 Likes

Many thanks Dud, the price is not to bad.

1 Like

I just get “AS” ones from one of the European suppliers. think there was a place in poland I got a few from but I was ordering a handful of different AS3XXX chips

2 Likes

Electric Druid have CEM3340s and others still - they’re UK based but seem to have been posting from portugal recently (I swear they didn’t before lockdown?). Anyway, postage doesn’t take too long still, think my orders from there usually take about a week

EDIT: just realised these are twice the price of the Thonk ones, i’d probably just go with thonk. I’ve never really understood why electric druid sells some ICs for double what they should cost…

4 Likes

Mjany thanks Twinturbo and Trumac 22, l think that will order from Thonk also l must make a list of suppliers, thank you for you help.

2 Likes

I have bought a bunch of them from Erica Synths recently.

2 Likes

found it.

2 Likes

What’s their shipping time like? Pre- or post-Covid?

took a week or so back in june IIRC, nothing too long.

1 Like

the AS 3340 is a great chip and works fine as a CEM 3340 replacement and cheaper , thanks Dud for the link for that soul of synth builder

3 Likes