LMNC simple 1/v oscillator reference voltage question

Hey I was wondering about the reference voltage on LMNC’s performance oscillator on what it really is and does. I tried watching videos explaining it from his channel and other videos, but never quite understood them. I was wondering this because I made oscillators using very similar schematics to his and while they work and get the job done, a few of them have issues calibrating them or staying calibrated. I’ve encountered a problem before where I would be calibrating an oscillator using the method where you would tune to the first note, going an octave about, adjusting the trim pot, go back and keep doing that until it’s in tune. However, I would reach a point where I would try going back more on the first note, but would hit the limit of the potentiometer (coarse tune potentiometer) and can’t go back any more. The way I resolved this problem was putting a 10nf on pins 11 and 12 on the AS3340 and grounding the coarse tune pot, but still no luck. And while it is pretty above room temperature where I live (on a good day it’s 90 degrees Fahrenheit), usually I would have little to no problem calibrating the other oscillators so I’m not sure how much temperature is affecting some or all, and what measure I can do to help with that. So I was wondering if adding the reference voltage onto the schematic would help with staying in tune or helping calibrate? Or any other ideas?

1 Like

It’s used for the octave switch and the tune knob. Adding it wouldn’t affect scaling/tracking.

1 Like