Valve Distorting Vca Problems

No, that seems to be a typo. I’ll fix it.

It’d be unlikely, I think, that you’d burn a capacitor. Much more likely if anything’s damaged other than the TL071 it’d be the transistor.

ok final update until i dont get an answer…

i screwed in place all the pots and now seems to work better, especially with a normal oscillator (buchla tiptop)

the valve distorting vca with my “4 avalanche oscillator+active mixer” is a bit strange…

the volume of the active mixer let the sound works in the vca only at certain points (near the beginning, between 1 and 3 out of 10 of a circle)… all 4 oscillator has different octave, different capacitors so they start to work in the vca at different mixer’s volume levels…
if i rise over 3 out of 10 the volumes of active mixer the sound seems to be cut from vca…
also when i use more than one avalanche i need to find the right spots of each of the 4 active mixer’s pots to let them play together
the vca gain and level act more like a filter thing… im not sure what this pots are supposed to act like … at least with my avalanches … with buchla ware more clear function…(not super well… maybe i dont not exactly what they are for?)

seems to be a weird technology thing happening between avalanche+active mixer and this valve distorting vca… open for suggestion… if i need to be more clear i could make a video

im not really satisfied as it is now…
maybe i could change some pots? or add that pot signal in where the R5 is?
i mean it has no sense since from the active mixed output of my avalanches (even 4 of them together) the sound is originally not loud. it’s even much lower than the buchla tiptop which works kind of fine)… :confused:
yet i tough this gain pot was kind of acting as volume in and level was acting as volume of the sound coming out of the valve… they both act weird… filtering sometimes, sometimes volume like…

in my device there is a low pass filter as well and i was skipping/bypassing/not using because i wanted to solve the problem between avalanches and valve vca…
well i connected the avalanches to filter and then to valve vca and now it’s kind of working, i need to test better… signal need to be a bit filter to fully be able to work in the vca but now i can fully use the active mixer of the avalanches… strange…
maybe there is a ground connectivity problem and by using the filter it’s kind of solved?
mistery

witajcie . czy ktorys z tych schematow dziala?

1 Like