Front panel supplier

Has anybody found a cut-to-size or pre-cut EU vendor?

1 Like

If you live in northern Europe and have a spanner then many parking signs are kosmo-ish size… just sayin. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome here!

I had to verify because that was such a steep price change but you’re right. This would be a good time to buy if you need it. I still have a lot of my previous orders and am planning on FR4 for most of my next several modules, though.

2 Likes

Hi People,
Completely new here. While trying to find a topic about getting started for ultra novice beginner level I found this thread. Overhere in the Netherlands there are several companies who produce laser cut panels to your design. They will be just bare aluminum (or steel or stainless) Just upload a .dxf or a.stp file and you’ll have a quote well within a minute.
Cut to a 0,1 mm tolerance and complete with all holes, slots etc in the right position. I happen to have an account at one of these companies. So if you’re interested just drop me a message. (no affiliation ofcoarse)

7 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what companies do you have good experience with? Both in quality and price/quality ratio. Thanks!

Hi Tim,

I either use the company “247TailorSteel” or “247lasersnijden.nl”.
Both companies use an online portal where u can upload a .stp or .dxf file. They both cut a wide variety of materials and are able to do bends.
Prices vary with the requested delivery time. Accuracy and tolerances are great. Especially with thinner materials. The attached “wagon wheel” bumper plates were cut out of 10mm mild steel and needed almost no scale /burr removal. image|666x500

2 Likes

Thank you Frank, good to know!!

Cheers,

1 Like

I have used John Steel:

Quality is okay, I like the anodised alu. I found the best way to get good value was to put multiple panels in the same drawing, then I separate the panels at home with a jigsaw. Upload DXF directly for quotes.

1 Like